Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmahanusolstikwanzukkah

Since I've not surrounded myself with family or friends this particular holiday season, Christmas nearly sneaked past like any other weekend, albeit a slightly longer and quieter one. Laundry to wash, bills to pay, the dishes my roommates left behind to clean... Heck, I was even considering going out for Chinese food. But when I walked past the laundromat and saw it full of mopey middle-aged men sadly folding their t-shirts, I decided to skip that little Christmas pity party, and go for my traditional holiday hike instead. It's like I have the City and the woods beyond almost entirely to myself. And that, my friends, is rare and eerie and wonderful. May your day be equally full of peace, however you choose to spend it!

2 Comments:

Electric Mayhem said...

Aww, that's nice Dru. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mayhem--nice, but we missed you ZDB. It was loud at your sister's house, your cousins and grandpa, 'rents and extras bumping into each other in conversation and in the kitchen over the goodies stacked everywhere. We all would have been more "great full" with your actual "presence," but we had you there in spirit, and your "presents" were there. I love your personal shopper's choice for me, thank you. I shall wear them knowing you were thinking of my winter welfare. I love you Zach. Mom

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online