Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Green Day

I don't know if it was the alignment of the planets, or some collective unconscious decision, but today was the day to wear the color green. Not everyone did, of course, but a significantly higher percentage than pure chance would suggest. I automatically gravitated towards my light green shirt this morning, and at the office found my boss and five other people wearing the same shade of celadon. It was a enough to make me examine what random strangers were wearing on my walk home, and a surprising number of 'em also displayed celery green. The same was not true of purple, red, pink or orange, so it's not that I was just seeing what I wanted to see.
Isn't that a little weird? I wonder if it's the same basic phenomenon that results in a simultaneous collective pause in everyone's conversations in a crowded room about every 7 minutes (or so the myth goes). In all the noise, every so often there's bound to be a brief alignment and emergent pattern. Now I need to find out if anyone has ever researched the topic...

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online