Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Trick or treat

The kids were out in force this evening as I walked home from work, and many of them were costumed in terrific disguises. But what's with all the lazy jokers wearing street clothes and carrying a plastic grocery bag? So what if you put a little glitter in your hair, what kind of costume is that? It isn't just free candy night, people, you're supposed to hold up your end of the bargain and at least try to put some effort into it. If trick-or-treaters actually came to my doorstep, the ones without a detectable costume wouldn't be getting any of my candy, that's for sure. Little moochers.

In other news, I went out amongst the hordes in the Castro tonight. That'll be the last time I do that. 100,000 drunken people in disguise jamming the streets with other rowdy revelers just isn't as much fun as it used to be. It took me over an hour just to catch a cab home. Although it could've been worse since at least I narrowly avoided
getting shot, I guess.

I sound like an old coot, but what ever happened to the good ol' days of homemade costumes, popcorn balls, and peaceful drunken revelry?

2 Comments:

Electric Mayhem said...

Ok, since he won't mention it himself, Zach went as Bob Ross for Halloween. How f-ing awesome is that?

Dru, if you don't post photos on here, we're all dropping you.

Anonymous said...

That used to be my policy, too - No costume, no candy, you loser high school sophomore. Two things made me reconsider: One was the fact that I hardly get any trick or treaters and was ending up with too much candy left over that I would eat myself. The other was that pissed-off teenagers equals my house getting egged or TP'ed or some other act of revenge for no candy.

So I just give them fucking Snickers.

And we want pictures! Happy little trees!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online