Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Old news

For the record, it's actually the 23th of September, but this back-dated post was sitting half-finished from several weeks ago, so I felt obligated to pick up where I left off.

Finally, a weekend that struck the perfect balance between busy fun and abject lethargy. It began Friday night with a "bachelor" party for my friend Paul - a former coworker with whom I applied for The Amazing Race. I use quotes only because there were as many women there as guys. And it was at a karaoke bar, which held about as much appeal for me as lap dances at a strip joint. Which is to say, none.

The main focus of the evening, since the singing kept Paul occupied, was trying to determine if one of his cute friends is gay or straight. You'd think shouldn't be a tough challenge, but even with some of the best evil minds working on it, it remains a mystery. Dumb faulty gaydar anyhow.

Saturday, I did absolutely nothing save nurse my headache, but made up for it by getting up before sunrise on Sunday, walking up Telegraph Hill to the base of Coit Tower, and waiting to meet my friends Nichole and Lea for a photo-taking date. They were late, but it was foggy anyway, so sunrise was a bust. Plus, a Pepsi commercial was being filmed there, which caught me by surprise as I walked around from the peaceful south side right into the middle of the shoot on the north side. I came around the sidewalk into the glare of lights, bustle of equipment, and all these faces looking right at me. A guy on a megaphone was saying, "Can you hear me at the top of the stairs?" and, frozen at the top of the stairs as I was, I thought for a moment he was talking to me until he said, annoyed, "No, sir, not you." At which point I ran down the steps and out of the shot they were setting up. Awkward!

So from there, we went to the Presidio to take photos in the fog, and then made our way through Dim Sum brunch to the Legion Of Honor for the Monet exhibit. But there was a huge line to get in, so we gave up. I then went to the Giants/Reds game with another friend and porked out on garlic fries and bratwurst.

And finally, back home to help the roommate load up their car with 8 tons of crap for their week at Burning Man. (Hooray! I have the apartment to myself for a few days!) Overall, a very satisfying weekend, don't you think?

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online