Thursday, August 17, 2006

Maybe they've already won

Well, that was something. Lessons learned from my latest travels:

  1. Don't fly on days that terrorist plots are thwarted causing the TSA to raise threat levels to orange;
  2. Don't check baggage because it may get lost... twice;
  3. Just plan on buying all new gels and liquids when reaching my destination since I can't carry it on and it'll get lost anyway if I check it;
  4. When the ticket stub says "US Airways by AmericaWest for Mesa Airlines" you're asking for trouble;
  5. Perhaps it's worth the extra money to fly direct;
  6. Phoenix is fucking hot and anyone who chooses to live there is clearly not right in the head.

1 Comment:

Electric Mayhem said...

Ugh, don't EVER fly through the Lincoln, NE airport. They searched my checked bag, like, SEARCHED through it with swabs and wands and took almost everything out. I was getting impatient, so when the guy handed my bag back to me, he said (in a condescending tone), "we found chemicals in your bag, which is why we had to swab it." And I was like, what chemicals, and he said, your beauty products, and I was like, ok, then just SAY that, don't act like I have explosive devices in there. I'm sympathetic to what these people have to go through in their jobs, but this guy was on a power trip. And then when I got to security, they made me throw out my lipstick, my perfect, wonderful Estee Lauder lipstick that I got free with purchase. I know those are the rules, but it still sucked. The funny thing is, if I'd had it in my pocket, they never would have known.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online