Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Cookie Divine

Every afternoon around between about 2:30 and 4 at the office, I'll start to crash. Sometimes I'm truly tired. Sometimes I just get the munchies. Sometimes I zone out from the tedium. Sometimes I'll be in the post-lunch food-coma phase. But pretty inevitably if I'm sitting at my desk working (as opposed to running around the office flailing my arms, or sitting in a meeting. Although sometimes even sitting in a meeting...), my eyes will start to lose focus, my eyelids droop, my fingers start typing half words. And every once in a great while, my brain will helplessly slip into that limbo la-la land where it can't tell the difference between responding to an e-mail and rolling through a field of poseys while covered in peanut butter and being chased by cows mooing in cockney accents.

I'm sure you could probably argue that this is caused from too much sugar in my diet already, but on the worst of days, I find the only solution (since actual power naps are frowned upon in the office) is to get up from my desk, walk the 3 blocks to Specialty's bakery, and buy myself a warm chunk of gooey chocolatey chippy heaven. Partially this is about getting the blood flowing with a brisk walk in the fresh air. But mostly it's about the dense blood-sugar-spiking buttery heart-stoppingly delicious cookie. Seriously, the things are like crack. You can smell the bakery a block away and be rendered helpless to resist.

Specialty's, I praise and curse you.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online