Monday, January 16, 2006

AmazinGrace

Wow, so somehow while I was standing on the docks with my back turned, waving goodbye as 2005 sailed away without me into the sunset (admittedly, I was distracted by a rousing song and dance rendition of "Bon Voyage") it got to be the 15th of January and the voyage of '06 is well underway. And, as no surprise to anyone, I'm already losing ground on my resolutions, such as writing regularly, and writing well.

To be fair, I didn't have any concrete resolutions so much as vague notions about the things I'd like to achieve. The pain of failure stings somewhat less when you're not entirely sure what you didn't accomplish.

What I am doing, however, is planning for my future. A future that doesn't involve this craphole cube farm of computer technology I know nothing about and care nothing for. And what, you might ask, is my grand plan for saving a wretch like me? Reality TV, baby. That's right, tonight I am editing my audition tape for The Amazing Race. Laugh all you like, but I suspect my odds of winning a million by putting myself on television are slightly better than by playing the lottery. And besides, given the conventional wisdom about lightening strikes and lottery wins, I figure my chances of experiencing both are non-existent; since I've enjoyed the one already, I'll never have the other. Time to put my unearned undeserved million dollar egg in a different basket.

How sweet that sounds.

1 Comment:

Dissident Sister said...

You're only going to get 450K after taxes, yo. Chump change.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online