Thursday, January 26, 2006

Turn Turn Turn

As I was walking to work on this, the morning of my 32nd birthday, I was struck by several things.

First, it was a beautiful spring-like day and the sun was warm even though there was a hint of damp chill still in the air. And I love the fact that it feels like that in late January, so things ain't all bad.

Second, I don't exactly feel like 32. I mean, not that it's particularly old (I've readjusted my definition of old as I get ever closer to it), but when I look at other people who are in their 30's I somehow feel like just a kid in comparison. Maybe that has to do with the fact that I don't have children, or own a home, hell I don't even own a car. I'm not responsible enough to be in my 30's.

Third, it's not like I'm the only one flummoxed by the passing of the seasons. On one side of the street, the sweet gum trees are finally losing the last of their autumn leaves. On the other side of the street, the cherry trees are about a week from blooming and the sycamore/plane trees are leafing out in fuzzy spring-green finery.

Maybe the crazy San Francisco climate is what has me feeling like spring when I'm really approaching autumn.

1 Comment:

Dissident Sister said...

Happy belated birthday, Bruns. Everyone on the good ship Oldtimah joins me in wishing you had a fabulous 32nd.

P.S. We didn't win the lottery

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online