Friday, March 03, 2006

Give me a squiggle!

I naively thought I'd have spare time in the Carolinas while on this business trip thingy to catch up on movies (I brought my Netflix disks), write lots of e-mail (I brought my laptop), enjoy some reading (I brought 2 books), and explore a new location (I printed out pages of restaurants and hiking trails and sites to see). Alas, so far I have seen nothing of my surroundings but the I-85 interchange between my hotel and the local Wal-mart store. Otherwise I've been in that Wal-mart store exclusively. I've spent so much time in that store that I know the greeters by name (Mary in the mornings, Jimmy until 11pm), at least 5 members of management know me by name, no one in the store so much as blinks an eye when I reach through the glass window to open from the inside the secure locked records/computer room in the back of the store. Seriously, of the last 36 consecutive hours, I've spent 35 hours in the Wal-mart. Who needs sleep when you can bask in the glow of fluorescent lighting?

Kill me now.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online