Thursday, March 23, 2006

Like, totally gnarly, dude

Ok, clearly my concept of snowboarding culture and what's cool with kids these days has gotten snagged on, oh, 1994.

But in an attempt to thwart the advancement of age, the progression of my head cold, and frankly to avoid work, I ditched the office today and went to Tahoe. And it was awesome.

They are currently experiencing some of the best spring skiing conditions, like ever, up there, so my friend Andrea picked me up in her cute little Jeep Wrangler at the ass-crack of dawn this morning, and we, with my roommate too, all played hookie (hooky?) to drive up to the snow and feel like we're hip. As opposed to breaking our hips. Which I almost did. In a spectacular wipeout involving several somersaults and a jacket full of snow. But I'm fine.

They'd had another few inches of new snow (current base depth is 188 inches!) but it was sunny and clear and in the 40's and if I were good enough to guarantee I wouldn't spend time with my face planted in the snow I would have worn a T-shirt and shorts and lots of sunscreen. I still wore the sunscreen, but opted for my snowpants and coat since they're waterproof and I'm already totally not cool.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online