Thursday, December 21, 2006

What a way to make a living

I'm not going to say a whole lot about work here because I suspect there are some folks from my office who have happened upon my blogosphere coordinates. Not that that's a problem, really, but it does force me to be clear which side of the line I'm on between non-specific venting and disparaging commentary. Because the latter is what has gotten some people into trouble in the past. Such as my roommate. Ostensibly.

Anyway, for the record, this is the former: general griping that we all do about our jobs because we'd frankly rather win the lotto and be sipping mimosas aboard our yacht on the way to Santorini than slugging grande non-fat no-whip mocha lattes while slumped over a keyboard.

It's been a long week, for a short week (we get Friday off! Hooray!). Because schedule was the primary driving factor over quality on a particular Dilbertesque project (into which I was thrust at the tail end with very little familiarity), we rolled into production some new software and systems this week - right before the holidays when everyone's gone and when it'd be very difficult to recover from potential problems. But whatever. The upshot was that I was at work until 3am this morning, and back at the office at 10am. And I'm tired.

I'm not sure what my point here was. I've gotten carried away thinking of sailing around the Mediterranean. Must remember to buy a lottery ticket tomorrow...

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online