Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Surprise

You know, several people have told me their iPods are psychic and, when set to shuffle, tend to play just the right song at just the right time.

So this morning, as I was waiting for my coffee and bagel at the little place across the street from my apartment, reading some blurb about something in my Economist, what do you suppose comes through my headphones?


In a coffee shop in a city
which is every coffee shop
in every city
on a day which is every day,

I picked up a magazine

which is
every magazine
and read a story then forgot it right away.

They say goldfish have no memory
I guess their lives are much like mine
and the little plastic castle

is a surprise every time

it's hard to say if they are happy

but they don't seem much to mind.


I'm telling you, Ani Difranco was singing to me. And dude, I've got to get out of this rut.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online