Sunday, February 12, 2006

Chinese New Year Treasure Hunt

Cake and glory could have been ours. I'm kicking myself. I should have known the answer without having to run half-way across town.

"If you're not spaced out, you'll find Vena Rd and Al will be close by. Across the steet there's a flowery business whose name matches a famous and just-concluded festival for artists whose medium is 1.4 inches wide and full of holes. Find a lucky number that's up. Look inside and you'll see a fast monarch who likes to take a spin. What are the two words above the man with the newspaper?"

Venard Alley is right next to the Sundance Floral Shop a block away from my apartment. Across the street is my laundromat with a big 7-up sign in the window and filled with Speed Queen Dryers. Every time I do my laundry I stare at the murals on the wall of the guy reading his newspaper beneath the Caffe Trieste sign. Aargh!

We did not win. But, as always, we had a terrific time running around the city interpretting cryptic clues and hunting for hidden treasures. No dodging dragons or ducking beneath tubas or crossing the parade route this year though - we got trapped in the crushing crowds instead. Next year, I'm taking charge of the map.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online