Friday, February 24, 2006

Killing me softly

I didn't intend for this space to devolve into a bitch-fest, but that's my current state of mind, so a bitch-fest you shall have. It will be short-lived, thanks to my well-balanced brain chemistry.

I don't know if this is the case with any of you fine people, but the short work weeks actually seem longer than the normal ones. Thanks to the dead Presidents, I didn't have to come into the office on Monday*. But I suppose trying to combine 5 days' worth of work into only 4 makes those days drag into interminability. Combine that with an elevated stress level for all the projects coming down the pipeline, and pile on preparing to be out of the office for 2 1/2 weeks starting Monday**, and you can imagine what a doozy this week has been. The fact that it's 8pm on Friday and I'm still at the office instead of getting my drink on (or just going to bed sounds kind of nice too), is pretty indicative of the sort of week I've had.

Naturally this brings up many issues of the sort that I should really be delving into under my "Work in Progress" heading here. For example, what am I doing continuing to devote so much time and energy to something my heart's just not in? But in true Zach style, I'm going to put off that ginormous Can-O-Worms for a future discussion***.

For now, I have more media to deliver and documentation to write. If not sooner, I'll write again, and probably a lot, once I've arrived in the heart of Appalachia. Later y'all.

* Which doesn't mean I didn't have to work on Monday. No no. I've had to either remotely connect to work or physically be in the office every night between 9 and 11 pm for the last 2 weeks to deliver daily media updates direct from NBC in Torrino to our own programs. I'm usually still up at 11pm anyway, but something about doing work at that hour for 14 straight days has really wiped me out.

** I found out this week that a hypothetical business trip was now fully, uh, thetical, and I'm flying out on the 27th for a 14-17 day stint in western North and South Carolina. Yee, I say, yee-haaw.

*** Aaaaaand I just answered my own question, methinks.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Zachariah. Where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain.

You know my answer to these questions.

-p

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online