Wednesday, March 21, 2007

You belong among the wildflowers

My friend Meredith moved with her perfect family to Atlanta at the beginning of the year. This makes me sad for a variety of reasons. It is particularly poignant today, because I was forced to go to Bouquets to Art without her.

It'd been sort of a tradition every year since she turned me on to it - we'd even ditched work one year for an extra-long lunch break.

Once a year, they open up the museum (it used to be at the Legion of Honor, but has moved back to the de Young, now that it has re-opened in its amazing new space) to florists and flower designer types, who then create amazing flower arrangements to match, mimic, or otherwise complement the artwork throughout the galleries. It sounds sort of silly, perhaps, but it's partly why I pay for a museum membership each year.

Alas, it's not quite the same without Mer.

4 Comments:

Electric Mayhem said...

Aww, sad. Was this Meredith who had the "baby...in a bar"?

Zach said...

Dude, I never cease to be amazed at your ability to remember the names and details of random people you've never met. Seriously, it's impressive. I, on the other hand, can't reliably remember names or details of my closest friends, half the time.

But yes, to answer your question, it is.

Electric Mayhem said...

It was such a funny story, and you've spoken so fondly of her in the past. Boooo for Meredith leaving.

Wasn't the name of said baby Brooke? Am I freaking you out even more?

Zach said...

You totally are because it totally is.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online