Sunday, March 18, 2007

I am the harsh nemesis of all that is unclean

Laundry sucks. There's just no way around it. I think it might not be so bad if I actually had my own washer and dryer in my apartment. But having to haul it down the block and pay for it generally means that:
A) I'll wait until a mountain of dirty clothes has accumulated past the point that I can reasonably lug it up and down 3 flights of stairs;
B) I'll cram so much stuff into the crappy laundromat washer that most of my stuff probably hasn't been truly clean since I bought it.


Seriously, at $2.25 for one load in the washing machine, there's no way I'm going to just do a few socks. That washer has every sock I own, all my boxers, and most of my 300 t-shirts stuffed into. I just spent over $20 in quarters... and that was just on sheets, towels, whites and darks. I didn't even do jeans, fuzzies or the rest of my darks! And when the dryer is only 6 minutes per quarter, well half my stuff goes home damp too.

And as if that wasn't bad enough, there's always at least one wild-eyed drunkard who wants to tell me about his medical problems. And then use my detergent. Which, I guess is still better than the muttering homeless guy who didn't bother with the wash and went straight for the fluff cycle in the dryer to freshen up his crusty clothes, which he stripped out of right there in front of me and the little old Chinese lady. Either that or he put the high heat on in an attempt to kill the lice. In any case, I don't use that dryer to this day.

*shudder*

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online