Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Vortex

Our TV gave out last fall. I didn't even particularly like the TV, but I suppose it was a little better than our previous one... which, by the way, was a Zenith and was free. So now that the newer fancier one is kaput, the old free one is back in place (I'd held on to it since, well, it was free). But this has spurred several conversations with my roommate about getting a new one. Which would mean, naturally, a bigger and flatter HD variety.

But then, I'd have to upgrade the cable, and the Tivo, and probably the stereo. Not to mention rearranging the furniture to accommodate a widescreen, which would entail buying a new couch, naturally.

Paralyzed in the face of this mortifying domino effect, we're still watching the old-school TV I got for free... (which is sort of like riding an ox-cart on the Autobahn)

I, as I suspect many of us do, completely identify with this opinion piece.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online