Sunday, April 30, 2006

You're why I can't have nice things

Don't get me wrong - I get along great with my roommate(s). But there's definitely something to be said for the idea of living alone. For one, my teflon cookware wouldn't have scratches and flakes from forks and abrasive sponges. I would have no one but myself to blame for chips in my glasses. I could use the hand towels without wondering if they had just mopped E. coli off the floor. I would still be the only one who scrubs out the bathub, but it would be half as dirty. I wouldn't find nail clippings in the living room, and if did, it wouldn't be nearly as gross. When propping my head on a throw pillow, I wouldn't wonder if it had also been used to keep someone else's bare feet warm. And lastly, there'd almost never be someone sitting on the couch in his underwear for 6 hours on a sunny Sunday afternoon watching sports and drinking whiskey when all I want to do is catch up on my Tivoed Gilmore Girls.

5 Comments:

Electric Mayhem said...

That really sucks. Josh is so gross. I think it's time for The Talk.

And then you have to blog about it afterward.

Dissident Sister said...

Zach! Oh my goodness. You can do better. What are we, 20 years old?


Currently unemployed and staying with friends,
Ebony "Kato Kaelin" Adams

Zach said...

I do love my apartment, and oh how I hate to move, so such are the sacrifices since I couldn't justify paying all that rent by myself. And whiskey is more adult, than say, tequila and bong water. Oh wait, that was Saturday.
Actually, we get along, honest we do. I just occasionally need to vent a little.

Electric Mayhem said...

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/47980

This story just seemed too apros-pos, then again, at least this guy tried.

Zach said...

Oh my god, I know exactly what he's going through. I just replaced all my sponges because I suspected bathroom/kitchen sponge cross-contamination.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online