Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Rain, rain, GO AWAY


I've been plodding along through the wet and gloom like everyone else for the past weeks and, while not terribly thrilled with the weather, haven't been too miserably affected. Yesterday, however, quite unexpectedly I reached my limit. I was sitting in a meeting when the wind shifted a little outside so that the rain started slapping against the window. My vision blurred momentarily and with a muffled internal scream, a little something inside me hurled itself off a cliff.

This is enough! I know I just bitched about the rain a few posts ago, but seriously, I've come to regret my enthusiasm back in November and this has got to end. It has rained every day this month but one, breaking April rainfall records before the month is even half over. San Francisco's precipitation since July has reached 157% of normal. Every day comes word of another road closure due to mudslides. My bath towel hasn't been truly dry since it was last laundered. The crackers and cereal in my pantry are soggy. My friend's car smells of mildew from an unidentified leak. My houseplants are looking anaemic for want of sun.

The sun will surely come out one of these days, but if it isn't soon, I may just freak out completely.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online