Monday, April 24, 2006

Surreality

One of the last things you expect to be confronted with when walking down the street to work is a giant apple and a bunch of grapes driving past in a convertable, while another bunch of grapes sits at the corner with a laptop in its lap. And yet, such was my morning. If only I'd had my camera.

Apparently they were filming a Fruit of the Loom commercial on a street in my neighborhood, but I didn't immediately see the equipment trucks and other crew, so I was a little startled. Anyway, watch for it this summer, I guess. My neighborhood always looks better onscreen than it does in real life, somehow (too bad it only appears in mediocre features: EdTV, The Hulk, or Just Like Heaven). I guess that's what well-groomed extras, steady-cams, grips, gaffers, and editors are for. I think I could use a crew like that for my life...

1 Comment:

MattyMatt said...

when i read the first paragraph, i thought "apples" and "grapes" was some kind of euphamism, and i was trying to figure out what sort of person those terms could apply to. maybe an apple is a fat ruddy guy, and a grape is a sickly-looking groupie? and then i saw, no, it literally was fruit.

this city is great.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online