Saturday, April 21, 2007

I'm on the list.

Ok, so it's not so much a super power as just a freaky talent. And not so much a talent as perhaps an odd coincidence. Because really it serves no purpose but to startle me and wig me out.


I know you're dying to hear so I'll just tell you that every time I look at a clock with a digital readout, the time happens to be 1:11 or 3:33, or 5:55. Really. Now I know you skeptics out there, -- and I usually am one
-- are just saying that no, it just seems that way because it stands out, and all the other times I glance at the clock and it's an ordinary time like 4:17, it doesn't even register in my brain. And really, that's not such a bad argument.

But seriously. I wake up in the middle of the night, roll over to look at my clock and it's 2:22. I walked into the kitchen and opened the microwave door to prepare lunch at 1:11. I'll wake up in the morning to the singing of the damn pre-dawn birds and it's 5:55. I'll turn off the radio in the car and the clock will say 3:33. I'll lay down in bed and reach over turn out the light at 12:12. This happens so much that I'm going to start logging each time I look at a clock, so I can calculate the percentages and prove it to the world.


Now if only I could put this ability to some sort of use.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online