Sunday, July 30, 2006

Were closer now than light years to go

Oh Amazon. We go way back, you and me, and I cherish the time we've spent together. I remember when we first met, almost ten years ago now, and how taken I was with the idea of you. You were shiny and new and smart and well-read and even in your youth before you moved beyond books, you covered a vast amount of territory, were quick and revolutionary in your own way, a fusion of what was with what would be. You were my first, you know. Yes, and after that first online purchase, there was no turning back.

But lately I've been a bit worried. I suppose it's natural to lose focus a little with age, and while I appreciate your offers of fulfilling my every need, whether they be intellectual pursuits or kitchen appliances and groceries, I'm not sure this is working for me anymore. I'll admit, it's kind of cute that you think I pursue ophthalmic microsurgery as a causal hobby, but really. It's almost like you don't know me at all. You've seemed a bit muddled and confused of late; you're all over the map and have been leaping to conclusions -- often wrong ones -- with scanty evidence. I think maybe it's best if we take a brief break from each other for a little while. Just a little while. I need some time to think and maybe test the waters out there, and perhaps you can use the time too. Take a look at yourself, sort out what's important, upgrade your recommendation algorithms...

*--*--*--*--*

Dear Amazon.com Customer,
We've noticed that customers who like A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle also purchased books by Marian Macsai. For this reason, you might like to know that Marian Macsai's Ophthalmic Microsurgical Suturing Techniques will be released soon. You can pre-order your copy by following the link below.

Ophthalmic Microsurgical Suturing Techniques
Marian Macsai (Editor)
Price:
$139.00

(August 2006)


Book Description
Microsurgical Suturing Techniques is a reference text for both the novice and the accomplished ophthalmic surgeon. In 15 richly illustrated chapters this book imparts basic information on tissue tactics and knot tying and demonstrates the applicability of these techniques to various microsurgical situations, in both the anterior and the posterior segment of the eye.

*--*--*--*--*
*sigh*

3 Comments:

thptpth said...

If I were you, I'd take umbrage at the fact that after a ten-year relationship, Amazon.com hasn't even bothered to learn your first name...

Electric Mayhem said...

This was darling, Dru.

Kizzle said...

Perhaps it's a lead into your professional calling (??)

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online