Thursday, July 27, 2006

An Inconvenient Twix

Welp, the heat wave has broken and temps have returned to the comfort levels I love. But lest we forget how hot it's been, let me share with you this little anecdote:

I'm all out of food at my desk, so to satisfy my mid-afternoon snack attack I just ran to the vending machine in the breakroom and retrieved a Twix bar. I love Twix with their chocolate and caramel coated cookie goodness. But these Twix had been standing upright in the vending machine for who-knows-how-many days -- certainly at least over the weekend while the building's air conditioning was off. So when I unwrapped my candy bar, guess what I found?

The caramel had melted and drained out! The top 2/3 of the candy bar was nothing but cookie and collapsed, sunken-in chocolate, while the bottom third was bloated and puffy, with caramel burst out and pooled in a sticky mess that fused the bars together and made them impossible to delicately disengage from the wrapper now that everything was solidified again.

If this is what we have to look forward to in a globally warmed future, then I want no part of it. Plant trees, save my Twix!

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online