Friday, May 19, 2006

This just in: Zoo Apes Have Taste For Red Wine

One of the first things I do when I get to work in the mornings is sign on to AOL Instant Messenger, and one of the windows that I always leave open on my desktop is AIM's little News Headlines screen. On a good day I'll actually go to a real news site at some point, although I'm sad to say that many days this little AIM window is the extent of my news intake.

Now, the headlines generally consist of the standard current events fare we're all used to seeing. But occasionally there will be a headline thrown in the mix which strikes me as utterly hilarious, especially since it's buried in the midst of the more weighty items. See if you can spot which of these things is not like the others:

House Votes to Cut Aid to Palestinians
Mexican President Fox Visits Utah Tuesday
Six Major Hurricanes Predicted for 2006
Penguins Do Not Topple Over When Aircraft Fly Overhead
Thailand Mudslides Leave 10 Dead, Many Missing
Raccoon Survives Massive Electric Shock
Former Sen. Lloyd Bentsen Dies


1 Comment:

Electric Mayhem said...

Thailand? That one was hilarious.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online