Wednesday, May 17, 2006

If I could save time in a bottle... I'd certainly get a lot more shit done

So, sorry for the lull. I was doing well there for a while, but once I got out of the habit... well, you can imagine why my gym membership goes mostly unused.

I'm not sure what happened exactly. For one, the weather turned warmer and so I've been getting very little inside work done. Sunday, for example, unpredictably turned out to be one of the 6 days a year when it gets genuinely hot in the City - in fact, out of nowhere we broke the record high temperature set in 1970 by 2 degrees hitting a whopping 87! Of course, today never rose above 60. But anyway, Sunday, after checking out a photography exhibit at the Legion of Honor museum, I spent the afternoon at the beach because, well, any day that you don't have to bundle up in 5 layers only to huddle shivering with your back to the water to avoid getting sand in your eyes is a good day on the beach.

Also, things picked up a little at work (not that I was writing much
at work, just for the record) so I've had less time to futz around with any side projects.

What this also means is that I probably won't be finishing my Post-It Note Mona Lisa anytime soon. I have occasional creative outbursts because my right brain has no consistent outlet, and since I spend such a big chunk of my waking hours at the office, I have amassed quite a collection of random office-object art: sketches on documents from boring meetings, Post-It Note mosaics, mobiles of useless CDs, paperclip sculptures, FedEx label origami, etc. I was thinking maybe I could have my own exhibit. Unfortunately some of my better works have been temporary, such as this short-lived dry-erase van Gogh rendition on my cubicle white-board...

2 Comments:

Dissident Sister said...

Shut uo! You did not do that Van Gogh thing on the dry erase board! Did you?! Dang!

Zach said...

I did, in fact. The result of many late nights at the office while waiting on other people or processes to finish before I could do my own work. So, rather than use my time productively... well, you see the results.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online