Friday, June 30, 2006

Now he’s at the closet, Now he’s opening the closet

I'm back and for the record I didn't die in the tiny earthquake. Y'all will have to pardon my little hiatus, but things have been a bit crazy of late. Work was out of control for a couple weeks (World Cup, new projects with impossible deadlines, my own procrastinatory dumbassitude) and I wasn't feeling much like typing when not at the office.

Also when not at the office, I've been distracted. I spent a shocking sum on a fabulous shelving system and overhauled my closet, for one. Which may seem a trifle, but when it's the only closet in the apartment and so must
serve to hold my clothes, coats (of which there are many, living in San Fran as I do), linens, shoes, camping equipment, luggage, snowboard gear, etc., etc., well that's a tall order for a 4x4 space. Anyway, that has taken more time than I expected. Because buried in that closet were piles of clothes and boxes I hadn't seen in years... literally. It frightens me how much of a fucking packrat I am and how hard it is to part with stuff when there's some remote possibility that it could come in handy in the distant future should I ever start that project, or in case it might come back in style, or just because I liked it when I could wear it which hasn't been for 5 years. But I did give a bunch of stuff to Goodwill. And I also had to overhaul my bedroom once there was space to put things away properly (more or less).

Then last week my family was in town (yay!), so look forward to photos.


Anyway, now that all the excitement of closet-cleaning is over (yup, that's my thrill-a-minute life), it's back to business as usual.

3 Comments:

thptpth said...

That's not YOUR closet! I want to see a picture of your overhauled closet.

And welcome back.

Zach said...

This is true. That's not my closet pictured. But it is the same shelving system, so imagine that crammed into a dark 4x4 space with more coats, fewer nice shirts, bigger shoes, sans boxing gloves.

Electric Mayhem said...

Yeah, I was about to say....your new organized lifestyle has afforded you the time to take up boxing?

Boxing?!

And hats?

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online