Sunday, August 03, 2008

You are coming to a sad realization; Cancel or Allow?

I'm here. I exist. California hasn't slid into to the sea nor has it yet been completely reduced to cinders. I haven't fallen off the planet. I have merely fallen out of the habit of updating this thing, and I apologize to my four dedicated readers.

But I'm back!
You know, more or less.

The fact is that I've got about 4 months' worth of partially-written entries backlogged in my Edit Posts window. I'm going to do my best to backfill the missing chunk of time, which could make for a confusing read. And will probably just delay any actual current updates by that much more, which is pretty much what got me into this mess to begin with.

One thing I have going for me: I have a new computer at home! It's easy to blame a lot of my many-month absence on my complete lack of working home computer, even if there were several other factors. My old laptop was about 10 years old, was running Windows '98, still had a floppy disk drive and relied on a modem for any sort of connectivity. Which pretty much made it unusable to me for the last several years. I was instead dependent on my work computer for almost all personal applications, which also limited me to either staying in the office after hours, or lugging my work laptop home.


So between my new job (I'll get to that in a backdated entry) taking up so much of my time even after hours, and not really wanting to stretch company policy by keeping music and photos on my work laptop, I had no choice but to make a new purchase.
And it's a MAC!
And I love it.

Of course, the time thing isn't really going to change, but at least when I get home I have my shiny new MacBook Pro calling to me, making me want to pound out even a couple sentences. We'll see.
Also, I'm much more likely to start reading others' blogs again. I've been completely negligent for months.

In any event, for reference, any entries between 3/28/08 and this one are backdated. And probably lame because I doubt I'll bother finishing 'em much or remember what I was trying to say when I began them.

8 Comments:

ZACK said...

We are TWO Zachs who love the Mac! Sweet, dude!!!!!

I love the title of your blog.

MattyMatt said...

What's this! New job! Hip hip hooray. I expect to hear all about it at the next FB on Aug 30.

Zach said...

Sweet indeed.

And about this job thing: before anybody gets too excited, I've probably overstated things by saying "new" and "job." I'm still working for the same company, just in a different capacity. So perhaps I should have said something like "modified role." But still.
Stay tuned to somewhere around late April.

Zach said...

Also, Mr. Matt, I'll be missing yet another FB for I shall be in Santa Fe. It's no Turkey or Greek Isles, Dustin, but I still think it's a suitable excuse.

thptpth said...

Yay! So glad you're back!!

Dissident Sister said...

What kind of fuckery is this? Get back to updating! Tell us what's up with the "new" "job," Bruns!


PS I know the real reason you never have time for our cyber love, anymore

thptpth said...

And now, as predicted, going back and rilling in the missing months has led to delay of new posts.

May I quote something you used to use as your "plan" back in the days when we could "finger" each other via internet?

"The more you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up. Besides, in the long run, we are all dead."

Anonymous said...

What?! Still no update on the sweet sister/ nifty nephews visit in June? Geez.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online