Sunday, September 23, 2007

The wheels just keep on turning

Seems like it wasn't terribly long ago that I was wishing y'all a happy first day of summer, and here we are already ringing in autumn. The planet just keeps on circling.

Anyway, Happy Autumnal Equinox. Enjoy it while it lasts, because today's the last day for six months that the daytime is longer than the night (unless you're in the southern hemisphere, I guess... but I don't really know anyone who is at the moment, so I don't think I have many readers down there). Well, technically speaking, because the sun is a disk and because the atmosphere refracts light, it'll still be a couple weeks before the length of visible light is shorter than the length of darkness, but the point is, the days are getting shorter and before you know it, it'll be dark when we get to work in the morning and dark when we leave. I hate that. And this is the period when that changes the most rapidly: every day is 2 minutes 25 seconds shorter than the previous one here at my latitude.

On the plus side, pumpkin spice lattes are back at Starbucks.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online