Friday, May 11, 2007

It could have been a brilliant career

I'm published! Well, sort of.

A while back, I was contacted via e-mail for permission to use one of my photos from Flickr in a national ad for gay travel to San Francisco for the city's Convention and Visitors Bureau. Which of course I granted, because, well why wouldn't I?


Not that the city really needs to advertise itself as a gay destination, but it was nice that they wanted to use photos by actual residents, and they said they'd credit the photos appropriately. I didn't get any details on what the ad would consist of, but the e-mail reply assured me they'd let me know when and where I could see it, and that was the last I ever heard about it.

So here I am, sitting at my computer and googling myself for the first time in years, just to see what would come up (
Ebony's fault). Not much of anything related to the actual me, it turns out, unless I've been secretly winning high school wrestling championships while I've been asleep on Ambien. But there it was, the fifth thing down: The Ad.

And my photo? Barely visible, cropped down and marginalized, and totally eclipsed by the muscled leather daddies next to it. Hilarious.

5 Comments:

thptpth said...

Not to take away from the beauty of your photo (because it is awesome and you know I love your photos and I'm not being sarcastic at all) but do you think they picked it because it's sort of...well...phallic?

Zach said...

I actually suspect that to be exactly why they chose it...

Dissident Sister said...

The view from your apartment is stunning, Bruns. Just stunning.

On an entirely unrelated note, I need a place to stay for one night. Just one night! Come on, Bruns! Open the door! I know you're in there! Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuns!

Zach said...

You've got a place to stay as long as you need it. You don't even have to ask. Now check and respond to your e-mail, so I can plan accordingly.

Dissident Sister said...

Your avatar is teh awesome

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online