Saturday, October 28, 2006

Welcome to my new home

I decided to mix things up a little here at the blogspot. I never was all that happy with my old "wyomingbruns" moniker since it really didn't relate to much of anything beyond an imagined Indiana Jones alter-ego that has nothing to do with my current or foreseeable sitch. Nor did it match the "Work In Progress" title which, while a more apt description, was importunately weighted with pressure to actually make some advancement. Plus, the address was already taken.

I toyed with various nicknames I've been called -- Zach attack (too taken), Zach-mandu (too nonsensical), Zach-a-doodle-doo (too silly), Zach-osaurus rex (too mortifying), Dru (too personal), Ziti (too obscure) -- but none seemed precise enough.

And so we arrive here. May you, as I do, forever hear my name in everyday conversations when someone indicates agreement.
It's annoying, isn't it?
Exactly.

6 Comments:

Dissident Sister said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dissident Sister said...

I just wrote up some crazy ass comment that involved Hugh Jackman, the Antarctic, and my fear of change. It made zero damn sense, Bruns. I deleted that bad boy.

Good luck in your new blogspace. Let me know if you want a guest editor position at one of my 40 blogs.

Electric Mayhem said...

Eb - I'd love for you to guest editor mine.

Anonymous said...

What about Zach the Lego maniac?

Dissident Sister said...

Broc, you can't even stand to read the posts I write for my blog!
How you gonna hire me to guest edit/write on yours, you nutjob?!

Bruns, it pains me that I don't think I ever had a nickname for you. That is very weird. I have nicknames for everyone --even strangers (granted, I usually just call everybody I don't know "Captain" and shoot them the finger guns). Weird.

Zach said...

Eb - you can spew as much nonsense about Antarctica or Hugh Jackman (or Christian Bale, for that matter) as you want and still hold my interest. And I'll only accept a guest editor role if you come up with a good nickname that sticks. Though frankly I think I'd be in over my head.

Joy - the Lego-maniac thing goes back to 9th damn grade, can you believe it? And I briefly considered it until I realized I'd get a lot of Lego nerds at my blog looking for ways to geek out even more.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online