Sunday, December 07, 2003

The UN, the Snitch, and the Bathrobe

A great deal of important things have occured in recent weeks. I'm not going to write anything about them.

Instead, let me relate a dream I had last night in my cough-addled semi-sleep. I was on the Yale Old Campus, attending an evening lecture on jewelry making led by a bathrobe-wearing UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan and attended eagerly by White House strategist Karl Rove and my mother. After pairing off, Mr. Annan handed out fabulous gold necklaces to each student to inspect and attempt to mimic. Of course, when class was over, one golden chain had not been returned and Kofi threatened to bring down the might of the Security Council upon us all if someone didn't admit to the theft, while we all shifted uneasily in our seats waiting to be dismissed. Someone finally snitched on their partner, but details are fuzzy since I was starting to wake up.

I have no idea what this dream means. Truly not a clue. I didn't even know my sub-conscious was aware of the existence of Karl Rove. Where does this stuff come from? Taken in hand with my dream of burying FDR's protesting Scottish terrier in the White House rose garden with the help of Hilary Clinton during a flood, I'm beginning to worry about the inner workings of my mind.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online