Saturday, October 18, 2003

And today is....?

It's god-knows-what time (I'm running on 8am Sunday, the clock says 11pm Saturday) and I've just returned from what I can confidently call a terrific vacation. Not without its frustrations and disappointments I suppose, but whatever, they didn't take away from the good stuff.
I've never consumed so much of so many varieties of ham, cheese and wine in the span of one week before.
The best 6 euro I ever spent was to climb to the top of the Duomo in Florence.
Lanes painted on the roadways are apparently just a suggestion.
One should not, under any circumstances, eat an olive freshly picked from a tree, even if it looks and feels ripe.
The sound of bells ringing across a wooded vale is a perfect complement to morning tea.
Mopeds operate under no rule of law.
There's just something about cypress trees that makes scenery sublime.
Those Italians are really onto something with the whole gelato concept.

I think I may take an Italian class so I can properly woo Raoul Bova on the balcony of the villa I'm buying outside of Volpaia.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online